Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Stocking up on food

So, I have recently decided to stock up on certain foods... My husband works in construction and usually has most of the winter off. In some cases he is sent out to other states but I like to prepare just incase he is off and we are living just off my income. Canned food is not the only thing you should stock up on.., after all who wants to eat can food everyday? Here is a list of items (including canned items) that are worth stocking up on...

1.Rice and pasta
2.spices for poultry and meats (you can never have to many)
3.canned chicken
4.canned tuna *this is a must! 
5.dry fruits
6.peanut butter
7.frozen fruits
8.pasta sauces (canned or jars)
9.cheese to freeze
10.juice for the kids
11.sugar
12.flour

I feel that with the above items my kids will not feel the "pinch" of living with one income. I hate not being able to give my kids what they want because we are not financially prepared.
So I will be posting some grocery hauls on my youtube channel if you are interested please watch ! 
YouTube/mommytime08



No comments:

Post a Comment